CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 1, 2011

First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones

Summary (from Goodreads):A smashing, award-winning debut novel that introduces Charley Davidson: part-time private investigator and full-time Grim Reaper. 

Charley sees dead people. That’s right, she sees dead people. And it’s her job to convince them to go into the light. But when these very dead people have died under less than ideal circumstances (i.e. murder), sometimes they want Charley to bring the bad guys to justice. Complicating matters are the intensely hot dreams she’s been having about an Entity who has been following her all her life...and it turns out he might not be dead after all. In fact, he might be something else entirely. 

This is a thrilling debut novel from an exciting newcomer to the world of paranormal romantic suspense.



My Review: 

I may have mentioned before that one of my favorite magazines is RT Book Reviews. If you have never read it you definitely should! Anyway that is how I heard about First Grave on the Right. This was the February 2011 issue, when I got my copy all I could think was OMG look at those awesome shoes! The cover of this book is AMAZING!  

 I'm going to have to admit that at first I was a little iffy about Charley Davidson. Her character came off as really spacey and  kind of scatter brained. However after the first 2 chapters I realized that just who she is and I loved it. She is really awesome and I would love to be friends with her. For a while now I have had a thing for reapers whether it be Grim Reapers, dark reapers, light reapers, angelic reapers..etc. I love them as a paranormal character. Charley Davidson is not just a Grim Reaper she is THE grim reaper and her job is crazy. She is also a private investigator and she works with the police to help solve crimes which is how she ends up in the majority of her bad situations.  The plot of this story is a fast paced paranormal mystery. First Grave on the Right keeps you going from start to finish.  Her best friend and assistant Cookie is really awesome and funny. Then there is the Romance portion of First Grave *fans myself* so super steamy...nearly on fire. Wow So can I have my own Reyes please? Overall I thought this book was amazing I can't wait to get my hands on more books by Darynda Jones.

The next book is called Second Grave on the left and will be out August 16, 2011. The third book is called Third Grave Dead Ahead and is expected to be released some times in early 2012. Want more info check out Darynda Jones's website. There are excerpts, deleted scenes and a bunch of other awesome stuff.

My Rating:


0 comments:

Post a Comment